When a new year starts, we seem to think that all our problems, no matter how big or small, have easy and simple solutions. We start fresh, it’s a perfect place to start. The beginning. You might want to shed off a few kilos, you might endeavour to find love, you might want to go on that holiday you’ve been aching for. Then as the year drags on, you seem to drag along with it.
Staying motivated and focused is hard. I don’t believe they are anybody’s natural attribute. It is, and always will be, a state of mind. A mood. And like all moods, they come and they go. I hate the way moods work. I feel sad when I want to be happy. I feel a spark of inspiration when I have nothing to write on. I feel like laughing when I need to be serious. Moods have never worked in my favour. I feel like there is this clock that resets in us at the start of the year.
ALL of us start of with the same mind. We are ready to take on the world once again, and this time, it will be different. Our moods are in unison, we all want what’s best for us. Come April, I have completely burnt out and all I want to do is sleep until it’s June. My feet have taken me to a crossroads, and all the paths have evidence of a thousand different footsteps. It comes down to choice whether I trudge on the way I want to, to take a destination that leads me to somewhere satiable, but not where I previously intended to go.
Choosing paths is hard. The ones we really want to take seem to go on forever, they wind through unsafe places, we’re often left in the dark, and we really wish we had at least a companion to hold our hand. Others are not so scary, much shorter, well lit, and you’re bound to bypass a handful of people. I don’t think I need to explain where these paths lead.
At the crossroads, you might hear voices telling you what to do, where to go, even when to go. But ultimately the choice is yours, and it all depends on how badly you want to see the place you’ve been dreaming of. Whenever I lose my way, this book always puts me back on the right path. It has always been the pick-me-up I needed to move on. http://www.teamhope.com/seuss.htm “So be sure when you step.
Step with great care and great tact and remember that life’s a Great Balancing Act. Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. And never mix up your right foot with your left.” The right path is often the hardest. A hopeful person will always have a hundred reasons to feel hopeless.
And as Gandhi said ” Be the change! ” — Signing off — Chris
*** This post was originally published at BLOC IN MOTION and republishing has been authorized by Chris, the author of the post ***
- 3 Ways to Boost Your Mood Naturally (psychcentral.com)
- Exercise as a Mood-Lifter (everydayhealth.com)
- Not in the mood for anything (deejayanne.wordpress.com)
- 6 Tips to Boost Mood and Metabolism (everydayhealth.com)
- Keeping a Bipolar Mood Diary (everydayhealth.com)
- Working with the Good Times (psychologytoday.com)
End Youth Homelessness
Michael Dean asks
Latest Urban Conversation
- Support Team Angelic – AIDS Awareness
- A Colourful Change Is Coming!
- Support Stevie | Support Youth
- Super Storm Sandy | Community
- Sandy Relief / Information Form
- Meet Your Coach | Kryss
- 30 Postcards in Israel | Traveler
- AIDS Walk | Thanks Note
- Our World post 9/11 | Community
- 9/11 – Then & Now | Dedication
- Featured Talent – Kryss Shane
- Rebirth of Outlook.com | Technology
- Jay 4 Integrity | Charity | Community
- Urban Digital | Vol. 1 Ed. 1
- AIDS Walk | Kim Cota
- NYC Pride 2012 | NYC | LGBTIQ
- Indian Adventure | 30 Postcards
- Don’t Suicide | Reach Out
- Tyrell Witherspoon | Featured Artist
- the Urban Tale | Funny & Unfunny
- Kristian Johns | Birthday | Charity
- Featured – Kryss Shane | Photo Gallery
- Rapid Fire – Kryss Shane
- RONNIE KROELL | Price IS Right
- Justin Weller | ‘Face of Village Cinema’
- You, 30 Seconds & A Dream Come True
- Your Vote Matters!
- Kevin Richberg | 30 Postcard Project
- CEO Special – Kevin Richberg
- CEO Special – Stevie T’s Interview
- 30 Postcards, 30 Stories
- 30 Postcards, 30 Stories
Kevin Richberg visits India
Technology – Breaking News